Loreto offers different activities, making the most of the natural and cultural attractions, such as the Bahía de Loreto Marine Park, considered Human Heritage by UNESCO. In the five islands that are part of the State, you can enjoy activities such as: sport fishing, sailing, snorkeling, kayaking, diving and watch different species of birds, sea lions, cactus, flora, etc.
32 km from Loreto there is a village called San Javier, where the San Francisco Javier de Viggé-Biaundó Mission is located. If you go to Sierra de la Giganta you can find activities such as: mule rides, walks and visit to the different archaeological sites.
The variety of land and water activities that you can find here are possible thanks to Sierra de la Giganta and the Bahía de Loreto National Marine Park areas.
Main Events in Loreto:
• Whale Watching: Gray whale from January to March and Blue Whale from January to May.
• Loreto Fest: Celebrated in April in Puerto Escondido.
• Loreto Fishing Tournament: Celebrated in July.
• Off Road Race Loreto 400: In August.
• Our Lady of Loreto Celebrations: In September.